Florida Permanent Makeup License Requirements
Last updated: May, 2017
The Florida Department of Health regulates permanent makeup and issues out licenses. In order to perform permanent makeup services in the state, you must:
- Have passed a blood-borne pathogens test with at least 70% on the examination.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Fill out an application and pay the $60 fee.
- You need to list the salons where you plan to work in the application. If the establishment does not have a license, you need to apply for one and prepare for an inspection.
- You must apply for the permanent makeup license in the county where you live, regardless of where you plan to work.
Contact the Tattooing Program
- Telephone: (850) 245-4250
- Email: AskEH@flhealth.gov