Mississippi Permanent Makeup License Requirements
The Mississippi Department of Health regulates permanent cosmetics as tattoo.
Read the tattoo regulations here.
In order to apply for a regular tattoo artist license you must have:
- A complete and notarized application.
- Copy of driver’s license or social security card.
- Passport style photo (copies of photos are not acceptable)
- Application fee – $150.00 (non-refundable) per registration [$150.00 for each tattoo registration; $150.00 for each body piercing registration]. )
- Proof of having completed the American Red Cross “Preventing Disease Transmission” course or its equivalent.
- Verification of all current or non-current [within the last 18-months] licensure/registration, reported directly from the licensing authority (with seal).
- Copy of all current or non-current licensure/registrations.
To read the application package, click here.
Return application and any fee to:
Mississippi State Department of Health Professional Licensure
Tattoo & Body Piercing
Post Office 1700
Jackson, Mississippi 39215-1700
Last updated: May, 2017