The ONE Tool You Need to EXPLODE Your Beauty Business
This posts contains affiliate links, but it does not affect our opinions. To learn about affiliate links, click here.
So what if I told you that there’s a tiny little tool that makes getting payments for your work super duper easy AND is also free? I’m sure you’ve already seen it around.
This is Square, a credit card reader that you can plug to your cell phone and get payments instantly. My mother has been using Square almost since it came out and we love it.
You can get the reader free by signing up here. Square takes a small commission per transaction, but it’s not much, just 2.75% of the transaction for the major credit cards. If you charge $100, you’ll instantly get a deposit of $97.25.
The beauty about Square is that their products do not stop with the reader. Another of their products that we love is Square Appointments.
Here are the benefits:
- You get a free website. If you don’t have a website yet, Square Appointments allows gives you a personalized site with your calendar, services, staff bios, pricing, and cancellation policies.
- Clients can book 24/7. No more losing clients because you weren’t by the phone.
- You can embed the Book Now button to your site, add it to your Instagram bio, Facebook Page and email signature.
- You get a calendar so you can clearly see when you are booked. It also works with Google Calendar.
- Send appointment reminders.
- You can choose to establish a booking fee. This protects your time from booking people who won’t show up.
- Get access to your schedule by downloading the App for your smartphone.
- Let your staff manage their own calendars while limiting access to important business information.
Square Appointments starts at just $30 a month.
Look at how Instagramers are using Square Appointments in their bio link:
Kristy Christensen, a.k.a. The Fairy Brow Mother, is using Square Appointments to handle her bookings. She is using her personalized booking site as her only Instagram bio link. This way she guides whoever is interested in her services directly to the booking site. The prices are all there, it’s all very clear.
Brows by Brandee is also using her personalized Square Appointments free site as her one link on Instagram.
Alright, so now that we have seen how others are using Square Appointments, I want to talk to you about Insights. If you know me you know I’m all about them stats. I love looking at data visualizations of my business to see where I can improve.
Square Customer Engagement
If you know the value of having stats about your customers and want to implement it, Square Customer Engagement has got you. Take a look at the video.
These are only a few of the many services Square offers. I am amazed at just how many business solutions they have come up with.
They also have beautiful hardware to replace the now outdated cash register.
Isn’t that beautiful? That’s the contactless card reader. Oh, such a modern world we live in.
How do you take payments at your business? Are you also using Square? Let us know!
Until next time.