Alaska Permanent Makeup License Requirements
Last updated: May, 2017
In order to obtain a permanent cosmetics license in Alaska, you will need to:
- Complete at least 380 hours of training in an apprenticeship program approved by the Board of Barbers and Hairdressers
- Pass a written examination held approximately every four weeks in Anchorage and every eight weeks in Fairbanks and Juneau
You must send the following to the division 30 days before the examination date:
Complete notarized application. Click here to fill it out.
- A check or money order payable to State of Alaska for the following amounts:
- Application fee (nonrefundable): $150.00
- Examination fee: $60.00
- Initial license fee: $180.00 (may be submitted then, or upon passing the examination).
- Total cost of license: $390
- Original or certified true copies of student records verifying training
- Certified true copy of current CPR card and blood borne pathogens card. The blood borne pathogens exams may be taken online.
- The Board does not accept online training for licensing purposes.