Indiana Permanent Makeup License Requirements
Last updated: May, 2017
The state of Indiana regulates permanent makeup at a county level, this means you’ll have to reach out to the specific county where you wish to operate and find out about the requirements.
At a state level, the Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) has adopted rules to regulate tattoo parlors. Some of those requirements are the following:
- All tattoo artists must receive yearly training concerning how diseases are spread by contact with blood (i.e. blood-borne pathogen training)
- To receive a tattoo, anyone under 18 years of age must be accompanied by, and have written permission from, a parent or legal guardian
- Gloves or other appropriate personal protection must be worn by the artist when performing tattooing procedures and when handling blood
- All needles must be sterile and designed for single use
- Reusable equipment must be sterilized before being used
- Infectious waste must be handled properly according to Indiana law
Click here to read more about the State’s requirements.
Here is a list of all the counties in Indiana with their respective office contact numbers.